Sunday, September 11, 2016

9/11/2001

In January 2001, I had an extremely vivid dream: honestly, it felt like the most vivid dream I had ever had in my life.

Bush vs. Gore had just been decided by the Supreme Court, and George W. Bush was going to become President. I dreamed that for some reason, I was attending his inauguration ceremony.  I was in a long receiving line held on the roof of a tall building, waiting to go up to Mr. Bush and shake his hand. Just as I got up to the end of the line and was starting to shake his hand and telling him something like, "congratulations, Mr. President, good luck," Dick Cheney came running up and whispered something into Bush's ear. Bush immediately turned ashen- as if the blood had suddenly drained out of him- and he told me, "Now that Cheney tells me what's going to happen here, I'm not sure I want to be President any more."

In my dream, this was all taking place atop the World Trade Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment